Skip to main content

Nespresso Love!

You know what I've been loving lately?  My Nespresso Pixie! I'm very grateful that P and his parents spoiled me for xmas with this super fun machine. Here she is in all her glory on our hideous somewhat white tiled kitchen counter!  She actually looks a lot more red in the photo than in real life.

Nespresso Pixie!
Nespresso Pixie!
In case you're wondering, the cup did not come with the machine.  It's a Bodum espresso cup that we got at Crate and Barrel.  I think these cups are super adorable.  Here are a couple shots of the cup:

Creamy Espresso Goodness



Most of the espresso flavors are intended for small cups of espresso, but some are for larger cups, called Lungo.  I'm a big hockey fan so I've been calling these "Luongos" and P said we should call them "Robertos" (haha!).

The one thing about the Pixie that I didn't expect was the noise the machine makes when it brews the espresso.  It's really loud, but it doesn't last that long so it's tolerable. I'm impressed with how quickly an espresso is made and also how hot it is (but not too hot).  The machine comes with 16 espresso "cups", one of each available flavor, including 3 decaffeinated options.  You have to buy additional espresso cups through Nespresso (and pay for shipping), but the turnaround time from when you order to when you receive the order is remarkably short.  I am a little annoyed that you can't buy these cups at a store that sells the machine, but I suppose it's a small price to pay for such a nifty compact espresso machine that's a total splurge, but for some reason brings me so much joy. It's a good thing I don't work from home because otherwise I would probably have 6 a day!  Haha, I'd be unbearable to be around if that were the case!

Comments

  1. Do you get it???? Regardless, I love saying, "I want a Luongo!" I think it sounds much better anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{Simplicity 2154} Not so Retro Anymore

I meant to post this on Sunday, but somehow life got in the way. By the way, how was your weekend? (I feel like talking about mine so I'm going to pose a rhetorical question first.) I felt so off all last week as I kept getting the days mixed up and my husband was out of town for half of the week and normally I'm all like " SEWING ALL NIGHT! Woooo!! ", but I just wasn't feeling it. Instead I was mopey and sad that he was gone and my cat ignored me most of the nights (is that not the saddest thing you've read all day??) This is how I felt all last week.......mehhhhhhhh...... But the weekend made up for it. We celebrated our SIXTH (!!) wedding anniversary at Animal , which we first went to three or four years ago, I think for another anniversary dinner. Then two nights later, on Monday, we went out for sushi at Sugarfish , which in my opinion is the best value for the quality you get. And now it's already Wednesday evening! Where did the week go?

{Travel} Tokyo Train Travel

One of the things I obsessed over while planning my trip to Tokyo was train travel. I knew we could sight-see all over Tokyo by just using the train, but how exactly would we do it? What tickets did we need? How much were the fares? What lines to take? I consulted with my brother (who lived there for a couple years in the 2000s, my mom (who was born and raised in Japan and lived there till her mid-20s and has gone back every now and then over the years), and friends. I also read a lot of blogs and websites scouring for info. If you're traveling to Tokyo and only staying in Tokyo, which is what we did, then here are some train travel tips to save you some headaches. Do note that I'm notoriously frugal, but in some cases I'm not always suggesting the cheapest option. Sometimes, it's worth paying a few extra yen to save time and travel easier. 1. Choose a Hotel Near the JR Yamanote Line My #1 suggestion for visiting Tokyo, is book a hotel near one of the stations al

Fabric Shopping, Muslins, and Sewing Distractions

Every month I tell myself to stop buying fabric until I make several garments with the fabric in my stash. Unfortunately, most of what I currently have in my stash is for making dress/button-up shirts, which I still need to work out some fitting issues. I've gotten a lot better about not buying new patterns by the five-fold from Jo-Ann Fabrics during the Big 4 sales, although I have bought a couple new patterns from Sewaholic and Thread Theory. But fabric shopping....oooooh, I just can't help myself sometimes! I'll have an idea in my head and then I HAVE TO GET THE FABRIC NOW! I got into one of those fits last Friday. I blame Marrie and her amazing stretch cotton sateen dress . That dress is so cool and exactly the style and colors (black and white!) I would love to use as the backbone for my work wardrobe builder. After thinking about stretch cotton all morning, I sped-walked over to Michael Levine during my lunch break hoping to find some fabric to make a dress.