Skip to main content

365 Photos: Days 17-20

I'm getting used to this photo a day thing! Surprisingly it hasn't felt like a chore, which is something I was very worried about. I enjoy seeking out things to photograph and I absolutely cannot wait till I get a new phone that has a decent camera so I can document all these wonderful things around me; I'm too much of a weenie to pull out my dslr in a big crowd. I also don't want to lug it around in my purse every day. I also always feel like I'm in such a hurry to get somewhere that I don't feel like I can just stop for a minute and compose a nice photo. Ok, I admit it: I'm just full of lame excuses...

Day 17: January 17, 2013

I did not know what to photograph this day and I really did not want to resort to taking another photograph of my super amazing cat. So instead I took a photo of his toy mouse.
Day017 - Playing with my Cat's Toy

A friend of mine told me about these mice and I found a local pet store selling them for $1 a pop. I bought one and, of course, the little bugger got lost after a day of intense cat play and then I decided I was too cheap to go back and pay $1/mouse, so I bought a whole box on Amazon because somehow that made way more financial sense to me....

Day 18: January 18, 2013

I took a photo during the day of the view from my office on Day 8. I decided to take a similar photo, but in the evening.
Day018

The night photo really emphasizes the hellish rush hour traffic that truly highlights life in LA. Thankfully, I don't *have* to deal with rush hour traffic (as long as I'm not lazy) since I can take public transportation to and from work. (Note: my camera's timestamp is all wrong so it says I took this photo on Jan 17th at 11:55pm, but I assure you that I did in fact take this photo on January 18th and I sure as hell was not in the office at 11:55 pm. I think this was taken at 5:55pm.)

Day 19: January 19, 2013

This was my second attempt at making a green juice/smoothie.
Day019

Although my husband was quick to correct me that this is neither a juice nor a smoothie, so I guess I'll just call it a green goopy drink. Since I don't have a juicer, I've been trying my best to create a green drink in my POS blender, but I can't blend it for too long otherwise the liquid begins to leak out the bottom. Obviously I need a new blender. Oh, you want to know how it tasted? Hmmm.....there is a lot of room for improvement, but I did drink 1/3 cup of almonds, 2 celery stalks, 1 orange, half of a banana, and 2 stalks of kale leaves.....so, there's that.

Day 20: January 20, 2013

Lunch at Father's Office, THE BEST BURGER IN TOWN!
Day020

Perhaps it is a good thing a burger and fries costs $15.00 because otherwise I would want to go every single weekend. There are plenty of other items on the menu, but I don't know what they taste like because I have never strayed from ordering the burger and fries. This meal is heavenly. We decided to treat ourselves to a nice lunch because we finally took the huge jump and met with a realtor! Ack, we're going to be so broke later this year (if things go as planned)!! Why am I so excited about having a soul-crushing mortgage?!

Note:  I took this photo on my husband's iphone (in case you care about those type of deets.)

To everyone who has off from work on MLK Day: I hate you. I'll be slaving away at work on Monday, but enjoying the lovely 80 degree weather we have been blessed with recently. I know it won't last, so I won't complain about how I wish we could experience some winter weather instead.

Comments

  1. Ahhhh, I really enjoyed my three-day weekend... :P

    Anyway, I have to say that burger lunch looks INSANE, and like a very worthy celebration for starting off the whole "buying a house" process. Good luck with that! (If you need any advice, Pookie and I love handing out patented, can't-fail, house-buying worksheet program. It can't fail. I mean, it's right there in the name!)

    And your nighttime view from your office is spectacular. I'm SO jealous of that photo. I think this is inspiring me to try taking a nighttime shot from my office... of the dark woods. My rush hour slog involves dodging the deer on the lawn between my office building and my parking space. Although a couple of weeks ago I crossed paths with a fox, so that was fun. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous of your 3-day weekend! At least I get President's Day off.

    I think you and Pookie should sell your "patented, can't-fail, house-buying worksheet program"! When we eventually buy a place, I will hit you up for your "patented, can't-fail, vegetable garden worksheet program". I can't wait to grow my own vegetables. I went to grocery store yesterday and wanted to cry upon seeing the sad state of 90% of the vegetables. :)

    Do deer typically attack humans? Or approach them? What would you do if a fox came at you? What's scarier: a fox or an aggressive panhandler (the things I get to deal with at the bus stop....)? I can't decide. They're both unpredictably erratic.

    On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Calmez-Vous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{Simplicity 2154} Not so Retro Anymore

I meant to post this on Sunday, but somehow life got in the way. By the way, how was your weekend? (I feel like talking about mine so I'm going to pose a rhetorical question first.) I felt so off all last week as I kept getting the days mixed up and my husband was out of town for half of the week and normally I'm all like " SEWING ALL NIGHT! Woooo!! ", but I just wasn't feeling it. Instead I was mopey and sad that he was gone and my cat ignored me most of the nights (is that not the saddest thing you've read all day??) This is how I felt all last week.......mehhhhhhhh...... But the weekend made up for it. We celebrated our SIXTH (!!) wedding anniversary at Animal , which we first went to three or four years ago, I think for another anniversary dinner. Then two nights later, on Monday, we went out for sushi at Sugarfish , which in my opinion is the best value for the quality you get. And now it's already Wednesday evening! Where did the week go?

{Travel} Tokyo Train Travel

One of the things I obsessed over while planning my trip to Tokyo was train travel. I knew we could sight-see all over Tokyo by just using the train, but how exactly would we do it? What tickets did we need? How much were the fares? What lines to take? I consulted with my brother (who lived there for a couple years in the 2000s, my mom (who was born and raised in Japan and lived there till her mid-20s and has gone back every now and then over the years), and friends. I also read a lot of blogs and websites scouring for info. If you're traveling to Tokyo and only staying in Tokyo, which is what we did, then here are some train travel tips to save you some headaches. Do note that I'm notoriously frugal, but in some cases I'm not always suggesting the cheapest option. Sometimes, it's worth paying a few extra yen to save time and travel easier. 1. Choose a Hotel Near the JR Yamanote Line My #1 suggestion for visiting Tokyo, is book a hotel near one of the stations al

Fabric Shopping, Muslins, and Sewing Distractions

Every month I tell myself to stop buying fabric until I make several garments with the fabric in my stash. Unfortunately, most of what I currently have in my stash is for making dress/button-up shirts, which I still need to work out some fitting issues. I've gotten a lot better about not buying new patterns by the five-fold from Jo-Ann Fabrics during the Big 4 sales, although I have bought a couple new patterns from Sewaholic and Thread Theory. But fabric shopping....oooooh, I just can't help myself sometimes! I'll have an idea in my head and then I HAVE TO GET THE FABRIC NOW! I got into one of those fits last Friday. I blame Marrie and her amazing stretch cotton sateen dress . That dress is so cool and exactly the style and colors (black and white!) I would love to use as the backbone for my work wardrobe builder. After thinking about stretch cotton all morning, I sped-walked over to Michael Levine during my lunch break hoping to find some fabric to make a dress.