Skip to main content

REI Wins the Best April Fools' Joke Award

I'm not the biggest fan of April Fools' Jokes. However, this year I thought there were some good jokes done by big companies. A friend alerted me to Sony's Animalia Line, which includes Kitty Headphones and Dog TVs.

Then later in the day a different friend shared REI's April Fools' Joke on Facebook:

REI April Fools Joke 2013
[caption id="attachment_321" align="aligncenter" width="500"] REI April Fools Joke 2013[/caption]

AWWMIGOD! COULD THIS BE ANY CUTER?!!?!? I about died from cuteness overload. Here are a couple more items for your adventurous kitty:

REI April Fools Joke Kitty Tools


My Bailey could really use a tiny little machete! I had to take screenshots of the website just in case it gets taken down in the future, especially since the "deal" is only valid on 4/1/2013. Here's the official announcement from the REI Facebook page:

REI April Fools Joke Facebook Page


I can't stop cracking up when I look at that sweet little kitty in the ad. Oh man, how I wish it was possible to take my cat hiking....

Anyone else see any good April Fools' jokes?

Comments

  1. Oh my GOSH. Every single cat I know needs a tiny little machete! (Although considering Bailey's propensity for attacking, maybe his needs a safety blade?) This is adorable and utterly hilarious, and I hadn't seen it anywhere else, so thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe a machete would be a bad purchase for him. He would definitely need a tiny parachute because he would probably bounce all over the place and accidentally jump off a cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you're telling me this is a joke?? But I already ordered the pack and laser pointer for Miss Parsley. She's going to be so disappointed, she was looking forward to meeting her cousins the mountain lions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{Travel} Tokyo Train Travel

One of the things I obsessed over while planning my trip to Tokyo was train travel. I knew we could sight-see all over Tokyo by just using the train, but how exactly would we do it? What tickets did we need? How much were the fares? What lines to take? I consulted with my brother (who lived there for a couple years in the 2000s, my mom (who was born and raised in Japan and lived there till her mid-20s and has gone back every now and then over the years), and friends. I also read a lot of blogs and websites scouring for info. If you're traveling to Tokyo and only staying in Tokyo, which is what we did, then here are some train travel tips to save you some headaches. Do note that I'm notoriously frugal, but in some cases I'm not always suggesting the cheapest option. Sometimes, it's worth paying a few extra yen to save time and travel easier. 1. Choose a Hotel Near the JR Yamanote Line My #1 suggestion for visiting Tokyo, is book a hotel near one of the stations al...

{Travel} Whirlwind Sightseeing in Hong Kong

My husband and I recently went on a 2 week vacation and ermagherd it was amazing. I used to work with someone who, every year, would save all of his vacation days during the year and then go on an epic 3-4 week vacation traveling to several countries. We were all envious, wishing we could do the same. Well, we could have done the same, but we chose not to do it because it wasn't a priority for any of us. Now that I'm back from one of the longest vacations I've ever been on in my adult life, I want to do it again. I want to make traveling outside the States a priority. One perk at my job is that I get approximately 20 vacation days/year. However, I accrue them every paycheck, so right now I'm hovering around 0 hours. So many paydays to go... We were in Hong Kong for 5 days and 4 nights, although only 3 full days as the other 2 were mostly occupied with traveling. We took a flight from LAX, connected in San Francisco, and then embarked on a 14 hour flight. It'...

Sewaholic Davie LBD

What's your definition of "Work Appropriate" when it comes to dresses? Of course, one's work environment will determine the definition of "work appropriate" so it's not necessarily a one-size-fits-all situation. I started drafting this post before I read Charlotte's recent post about dressing for work and loved reading her post and the discussion in the comments. Personally, I work in a fairly conservative industry. I'm an engineer, I work in an office, and when I go to client meetings, project interviews, public outreach meetings, and professional work events, the guys are in suits (mostly with ties) and the women are in similar attire (suits, pencil skirts w/ nice blouse, sheath or fit-and-flare dresses). Go to Banana Republic or Ann Taylor's website and check out the work styles. That's my "work appropriate" attire. Apparently my husband severely disagrees. And I found out we had drastically different opinions regar...