Skip to main content

365 Photos: Days 32-34

It's February! Which means keeping track of the "day" will be much more difficult since I can no longer easily reference the day of the month. Sheesh, life is rough.

Day 32: Feb 1, 2013

I was thinking during the day about what to photograph when it dawned on me that I should try a theme this month. First I thought about taking photos of something red. But then I realized that was way too easy. Hello, red in February? I might as well take photos of hearts everyday. Man, I am so lame sometimes! Then I decided since love is a theme in February I should take photos of the color I love the most: purple.
Day 32/365

That is a photo of some fabric I have had for months. I'll post soon about what I did with it. It looks kinda nice in the photo, but don't be fooled! It was a disaster to work with. And I still have a lot left.....ugh, what I am going to make with it? Suggestions are welcome!



Day 33: Feb 2, 2013
Had brunch with the fam at Terranea Resort. It was my first time there and holy moly it is niiiiiiiiiice. As we were leaving I saw this flower:

Day 33/365

I asked my dad, the nature lover, what kind of flower it is, but even he didn't know. I actually didn't really care, I just wanted to take a photo of it since it's purple. I would have taken more creative shots of it, but while I was taking this photo my dad mentioned that it definitely attracts bees and I almost screamed since I am terrified of bees!!! TERRIFIED!!! Yep, there were plenty of bees buzzing around happily. I shudder just thinking about it.

Day 34: Feb 3, 2013

I finally got a new phone! After I polled my friends on Facebook I decided to get the iphone5. A couple friends pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy S III is oversized. After a quick trip to a local Sprint store I concluded the SIII is too large for my liking so I opted for the iphone, which I can control in one hand. Here is one of the first photos I took with my new fancy schmancy phone:
Day 34/365

I'm very impressed with the quality (although I realize it doesn't compare to my dslr). The white balance looks decent in this photo and I didn't touch it up at all. By the way, this is my mini sewing box that I keep near my sewing machine. It originally housed a variety of individually packed brownies from Fairytale Brownies, which were a Christmas gift from aunt to our family. The box was really nice and I didn't want to throw it away so I decided to repurpose it as a mini sewing box. It's the perfect size for some frequently used items and I love the flip top for easy access and stow away.

Did you notice the Laduree box peeking out from under the sewing box? Am I the only nerd that kept the box after devouring some seriously delicious and overpriced macarons? The box is so pretty I just couldn't part with it! I have some other sewing stuff stashed in this box as well, but since it doesn't have a flip top, it is a bit of a hassle to access stuff stored in here.

Oh boy, we're full on in February! There are a couple things I'm looking forward to this month: (1) President's Day Holiday and (2) Valentine's Day. I'm not normally a romantic person, but this year Die Hard 5 opens on February 14th!!!! YESSS!!!

Comments

  1. Okay, you made me laugh out loud with your romantic reason for appreciating Valentine's Day this year. Heh.

    Congrats on the new phone!! I hope you love it! I've had an iPhone for a while now, and can't figure out how everyone else manages to take good pictures with theirs. Me + phone camera = SHITTY.

    And I love your theme idea for February. Maybe Pookie and I should do a theme for March, because that's the suckiest month of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the Die Hard movie! We re-watched the 1st one during Christmas and have since re-watched the 3rd and 4th ones too. Do you watch 'Parenthood'? When I re-watched the 1st one, I discovered that the wife is the grandmother on 'Parenthood'!!!! Bruce Willis is still being awesome in movies, but his "wife" is now playing a grandmother!!! WTF! My mind was officially blown!

    I didn't even know until a couple weeks ago that there was a 5th one! We may have dinner at home since going out the to movies costs as much as going out for a decent dinner.

    Some people can take the greatest phone photos. But then there are people, like my brother, who take THE WORST photos. I know they have the same phone, so I'm not quite sure what the secret is. I'm tempted to purchase snapseed because I hear it's pretty good at editing phone photos.

    March is a sucky month! No work holidays and no spring break for the working class. At least in April the NHL playoffs start (although things aren't looking too good for my Kings...). Let me know if you come up with a theme and maybe I'll invite myself to join :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{Simplicity 2154} Not so Retro Anymore

I meant to post this on Sunday, but somehow life got in the way. By the way, how was your weekend? (I feel like talking about mine so I'm going to pose a rhetorical question first.) I felt so off all last week as I kept getting the days mixed up and my husband was out of town for half of the week and normally I'm all like " SEWING ALL NIGHT! Woooo!! ", but I just wasn't feeling it. Instead I was mopey and sad that he was gone and my cat ignored me most of the nights (is that not the saddest thing you've read all day??) This is how I felt all last week.......mehhhhhhhh...... But the weekend made up for it. We celebrated our SIXTH (!!) wedding anniversary at Animal , which we first went to three or four years ago, I think for another anniversary dinner. Then two nights later, on Monday, we went out for sushi at Sugarfish , which in my opinion is the best value for the quality you get. And now it's already Wednesday evening! Where did the week go?

{Travel} Tokyo Train Travel

One of the things I obsessed over while planning my trip to Tokyo was train travel. I knew we could sight-see all over Tokyo by just using the train, but how exactly would we do it? What tickets did we need? How much were the fares? What lines to take? I consulted with my brother (who lived there for a couple years in the 2000s, my mom (who was born and raised in Japan and lived there till her mid-20s and has gone back every now and then over the years), and friends. I also read a lot of blogs and websites scouring for info. If you're traveling to Tokyo and only staying in Tokyo, which is what we did, then here are some train travel tips to save you some headaches. Do note that I'm notoriously frugal, but in some cases I'm not always suggesting the cheapest option. Sometimes, it's worth paying a few extra yen to save time and travel easier. 1. Choose a Hotel Near the JR Yamanote Line My #1 suggestion for visiting Tokyo, is book a hotel near one of the stations al

Fabric Shopping, Muslins, and Sewing Distractions

Every month I tell myself to stop buying fabric until I make several garments with the fabric in my stash. Unfortunately, most of what I currently have in my stash is for making dress/button-up shirts, which I still need to work out some fitting issues. I've gotten a lot better about not buying new patterns by the five-fold from Jo-Ann Fabrics during the Big 4 sales, although I have bought a couple new patterns from Sewaholic and Thread Theory. But fabric shopping....oooooh, I just can't help myself sometimes! I'll have an idea in my head and then I HAVE TO GET THE FABRIC NOW! I got into one of those fits last Friday. I blame Marrie and her amazing stretch cotton sateen dress . That dress is so cool and exactly the style and colors (black and white!) I would love to use as the backbone for my work wardrobe builder. After thinking about stretch cotton all morning, I sped-walked over to Michael Levine during my lunch break hoping to find some fabric to make a dress.