Skip to main content

365 Photos: Days 35-41

I finally got an iPhone a week ago and am now taking way more photos with it compared to my dslr, which is good and bad. It's good because I get to take photos I never would have because I don't want to lug my dslr everywhere with me (especially when I'm holed up in my office for hours on end) and I can take photos a bit more discreetly. However, it's also bad because the photos aren't as great.

I admit that I half-assed my mine own assignment this week. First of all, it is a lot more difficult to find purple things to photograph when the rest of the world apparently does not share my love of the color purple. I resorted to taking photos of objects that were near me when I realized I had two hours left in the day to complete the "photo-a-day" challenge.

I discovered that the Flickr app allows you to apply filters to photographs similar to Instagram, I think. I've been having fun playing around with the filters, but I'm sure the enjoyment will wear off soon. I've heard Snapseed is a great mobile phone editing program, so I may purchase it eventually.

Here's a mosaic (collage?) of the iphone photos I took this week:
Mosaic-Days35-40

1. Day 35/365, 2. Day 36/365, 3. Day 37/365, 4. Day 38/365, 5. Day 39/365, 6. Day 40/365

I included descriptions of each photo on Flickr so I won't repeat it here.

Here is the one photo I took with my dslr this week:
Day 41/365

I don't like buying the flag forever stamps because I think they are so boring, so I was pleased to be offered these Pixar stamps. Each stamp is really big, but they're so adorable! There are also stamps of Wall-E and Ed Asner's character in 'Up'. Seriously, there are so cute I almost don't ever want to use them.

My goal this week is to do a better job with seeking out purple in my daily commute. Maybe there will be a beautiful sunrise this week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{Travel} Tokyo Train Travel

One of the things I obsessed over while planning my trip to Tokyo was train travel. I knew we could sight-see all over Tokyo by just using the train, but how exactly would we do it? What tickets did we need? How much were the fares? What lines to take? I consulted with my brother (who lived there for a couple years in the 2000s, my mom (who was born and raised in Japan and lived there till her mid-20s and has gone back every now and then over the years), and friends. I also read a lot of blogs and websites scouring for info. If you're traveling to Tokyo and only staying in Tokyo, which is what we did, then here are some train travel tips to save you some headaches. Do note that I'm notoriously frugal, but in some cases I'm not always suggesting the cheapest option. Sometimes, it's worth paying a few extra yen to save time and travel easier. 1. Choose a Hotel Near the JR Yamanote Line My #1 suggestion for visiting Tokyo, is book a hotel near one of the stations al...

{Travel} Whirlwind Sightseeing in Hong Kong

My husband and I recently went on a 2 week vacation and ermagherd it was amazing. I used to work with someone who, every year, would save all of his vacation days during the year and then go on an epic 3-4 week vacation traveling to several countries. We were all envious, wishing we could do the same. Well, we could have done the same, but we chose not to do it because it wasn't a priority for any of us. Now that I'm back from one of the longest vacations I've ever been on in my adult life, I want to do it again. I want to make traveling outside the States a priority. One perk at my job is that I get approximately 20 vacation days/year. However, I accrue them every paycheck, so right now I'm hovering around 0 hours. So many paydays to go... We were in Hong Kong for 5 days and 4 nights, although only 3 full days as the other 2 were mostly occupied with traveling. We took a flight from LAX, connected in San Francisco, and then embarked on a 14 hour flight. It'...

Sewaholic Davie LBD

What's your definition of "Work Appropriate" when it comes to dresses? Of course, one's work environment will determine the definition of "work appropriate" so it's not necessarily a one-size-fits-all situation. I started drafting this post before I read Charlotte's recent post about dressing for work and loved reading her post and the discussion in the comments. Personally, I work in a fairly conservative industry. I'm an engineer, I work in an office, and when I go to client meetings, project interviews, public outreach meetings, and professional work events, the guys are in suits (mostly with ties) and the women are in similar attire (suits, pencil skirts w/ nice blouse, sheath or fit-and-flare dresses). Go to Banana Republic or Ann Taylor's website and check out the work styles. That's my "work appropriate" attire. Apparently my husband severely disagrees. And I found out we had drastically different opinions regar...