Skip to main content

Need Some Cat Photos to Brighten Your Day?

It has been a terribly long time since I posted photos of Bailey! A quick look at my Flickr account will reveal my obsession of taking photos of him. My husband doesn't seem to enjoy getting his photo taken by me, but Bailey doesn't seem to mind :) Here are some favorites of mine, most of which are already uploaded to Flickr, but a couple new ones too.

One evening I decided to try and capture Bailey with his pupils ballooned to be as large as his eyes. I assume most cats get like this when they are bursting with energy or ready to pounce on prey. When Bailey gets like this, ohhhhhh, WATCH OUT!

Day 171a/365


I don't remember why he paused in the middle of our living room like this. He's pretty good at staying still for a couple seconds when he sees me with my camera (unless I'm on the ground, then he usually immediately walks towards me). I can't get over how focused he looks! My goodness, Bailey....chill out!

In the photo below he was enamored with the ironing board. What is it with cats and ironing boards? I'm a bit embarrassed to admit how many times he has knocked it over (and perhaps the iron too...). Bailey is a hefty solid 13 pounds, so when he takes a running jump at something, it better be able to withstand his force. Unfortunately the poor ironing board is no match for him.

Day 171b/365 - Bailey is possessed!


The best time to capture Bailey from the floor is when he's pooped. Not only will he sit still, but it's usually easier to get him to focus his attention off camera. The photo below is actually pretty similar to one I took of him a couple months after we adopted him. It's interesting to see how his coloring has changed over the past year. He's definitely more sandy-colored now and less greyish.

Oh Bailey...


I can't remember if I have blogged about it before, but my husband and I are convinced Bailey is part Bengal. Even though he's not orange/yellow or have spots, his facial markings resemble Bengal cats and we've noticed the striping along his body isn't as regular as we initially thought. His behavior also fits Bengal cats to a T, which can be tiresome when we feel like playtime should be over.

One of Bailey's favorite toys is the feather "fishing rod" toy. We tried to stage a playtime photoshoot to capture some action shots. Just look at that belly! So soft and adorable!!

Jump, Bailey, Jump!

Here is another one that I never uploaded to Flickr. Bailey was mid-flip/turn around in this photo.


And one last photo to show you how crazy Bailey can be. Normally I would be opposed to sharing a photo of our bedroom (especially one in such disarray, oh my!), but we're most likely moving soon so this won't be our bedroom anymore! Our current apartment has a wall transom between the bedroom and kitchen wall. Bailey can jump into this opening either from the dresser in our bedroom or the counter top in the kitchen. Every now and then Bailey will jump from the opening directly onto the bed, while we are sleeping, but usually he's well behaved and will come down by jumping onto the dressers.

Husband and I staged this photoshoot too because we wanted to prove to everyone that Bailey is capable of being Superman.


That's it for now! If you made it this far, then I bet you are on cat and Bailey overload. It is likely this blog will be Bailey-free for a couple months and revert back to the normal sewing posts. But if you start hankering for some cat cuteness, you can always stop by my Flickr account or look me up on Instagram to get your fill of Bailey photos. :)

Comments

  1. When my kittens pupils get that large, ohhh watch out too, she's in the mood for zooming and crazy antics@ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you can gauge a cat's energy level by the size of their pupils! I think they look so adorable when their pupils get really large, but it's also a bit nerve-wracking because you have no idea what they'll do next.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{Simplicity 2154} Not so Retro Anymore

I meant to post this on Sunday, but somehow life got in the way. By the way, how was your weekend? (I feel like talking about mine so I'm going to pose a rhetorical question first.) I felt so off all last week as I kept getting the days mixed up and my husband was out of town for half of the week and normally I'm all like " SEWING ALL NIGHT! Woooo!! ", but I just wasn't feeling it. Instead I was mopey and sad that he was gone and my cat ignored me most of the nights (is that not the saddest thing you've read all day??) This is how I felt all last week.......mehhhhhhhh...... But the weekend made up for it. We celebrated our SIXTH (!!) wedding anniversary at Animal , which we first went to three or four years ago, I think for another anniversary dinner. Then two nights later, on Monday, we went out for sushi at Sugarfish , which in my opinion is the best value for the quality you get. And now it's already Wednesday evening! Where did the week go?

{Travel} Tokyo Train Travel

One of the things I obsessed over while planning my trip to Tokyo was train travel. I knew we could sight-see all over Tokyo by just using the train, but how exactly would we do it? What tickets did we need? How much were the fares? What lines to take? I consulted with my brother (who lived there for a couple years in the 2000s, my mom (who was born and raised in Japan and lived there till her mid-20s and has gone back every now and then over the years), and friends. I also read a lot of blogs and websites scouring for info. If you're traveling to Tokyo and only staying in Tokyo, which is what we did, then here are some train travel tips to save you some headaches. Do note that I'm notoriously frugal, but in some cases I'm not always suggesting the cheapest option. Sometimes, it's worth paying a few extra yen to save time and travel easier. 1. Choose a Hotel Near the JR Yamanote Line My #1 suggestion for visiting Tokyo, is book a hotel near one of the stations al

Fabric Shopping, Muslins, and Sewing Distractions

Every month I tell myself to stop buying fabric until I make several garments with the fabric in my stash. Unfortunately, most of what I currently have in my stash is for making dress/button-up shirts, which I still need to work out some fitting issues. I've gotten a lot better about not buying new patterns by the five-fold from Jo-Ann Fabrics during the Big 4 sales, although I have bought a couple new patterns from Sewaholic and Thread Theory. But fabric shopping....oooooh, I just can't help myself sometimes! I'll have an idea in my head and then I HAVE TO GET THE FABRIC NOW! I got into one of those fits last Friday. I blame Marrie and her amazing stretch cotton sateen dress . That dress is so cool and exactly the style and colors (black and white!) I would love to use as the backbone for my work wardrobe builder. After thinking about stretch cotton all morning, I sped-walked over to Michael Levine during my lunch break hoping to find some fabric to make a dress.